ROP Muay Thai is back with our 1st amateur Muay Thai tournament. Our goal is to give amateur fighters the best opportunity to gain more experience and not break the bank.
All Skill Levels - Friendly and Professional Staff- Affordable Hotel - Full Bar and Restaurant
FOLLOW THE RISE OF THE PROSPECTS INSTAGRAM PAGE FOR TOURNAMENT UPDATES
ROP Muay Thai Tournament Tucson is sanctioned by the ISKA.
Hilton Hotel East 7600 E. Broadway, Tucson, AZ 85710
Registration Fees Deadlines:
- $80 Early registration till 6/15
- $95 Normal registration till 7/28
- $150 Late registration until 8/17
Competiton tank top for every competitor. (Tank must be worn during match)
- Junior Divisions 15-17yrs (male and female)
- Adult Divisions 18yrs and over (male and female)
- Max 4 person brackets (up to 2 matches). Multiple brackets for larger divisions. Max 100 Competitors.
Weight Divisions: (Male/Female/Juniors) Divisions will be consolidated as the event progresses. 100 max competitors.
- Atomweight 108lbs & Below
- Super Atomweight 108.1-111lbs
- Flyweight 111.1-114lbs
- Super Flyweight 114.1-117lbs
- Bantamweight 117.1-120lbs
- Super Bantamweight 120.1-124lbs
- Featherweight 124.1-128lbs
- Super Featherweight 128.1-132lbs
- Lightweight 132.1-137lbs
- Super Lightweight 137.1-142lbs
- Welterweight 142.1-147lbs
- Super Welterweight 147.1-153lbs
- Light Middleweight 153.1-159lbs
- Middleweight 159.1-165lbs
- Super Middleweight 165.1-172lbs
- Light Heavyweight 172.1-179lbs
- Light Cruiserweight 179.1-186lbs
- Cruiserweight 186.1-194lbs
- Super Cruiserweight 194.1-207lbs
- Heavyweight 207.1-224lbs
- Super Heavyweight 224.1 & Over
- This tournament is single elimination.
- Medals will be awarded to the 1st place and 2nd place in each division.
- Athletes will not compete for the third place.
What medicals do I need?
- You need a physical (by an MD or DO-no nurses) on the ISKA paperwork, download here: https://iskaofaz.com
- You need blood work if you are 16 or older (HIV, Hepatitis B-surface antigen, and Hepatitis C-Antibody) If you have fought in 2023 and are already licensed in mma or muay thai-we will accept that paperwork on USMTA or AZGAMING forms (mma.) Fighting from out of state? If you are already licensed, send us the form and we will get them approved.
**all medicals must be brought to weigh ins. If you’d like to check and make sure they are right, you can email to [email protected] ahead of time. NO REFUNDS if medicals are denied at weigh ins (incorrect blood, etc.)
When are weigh-ins and where?
Weigh-ins will be on Friday, August 18 at Rise Combat Sports, 7131 East Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson AZ 85715. We will schedule times depending on registrations. We will update on or before July 19, please check back.
What equipment will I use?
All athletes will wear headgear, shinpads, groin protector (males,) mouthpiece, and gloves (either 10oz or 12oz depending on weight class.) Elbows will be allowed with athletes with 5 and over fights (elbow pads.)
Who provides equipment?
The athlete will provide their own shin pads, headgear, groin protection, elbow pads (when applicable,) and mouthpiece. We will provide gloves. We will update specifications on or before July 19. Please check back.
What uniform should I wear to compete?
Athletes are required to wear Muay Thai shorts. We will provide a reversible jersey (blue and red) to fight in.
Do my coaches have to pay/register?
Yes, all coaches must fill out a registration form. We will give one head coach from every gym (not one per athlete) a free pass. Any assistants, second coach, etc. will have to pay (same price as admission.) Registration and payment link will be available on or before July 19.
Can my friends and family come watch?
Of course. Tickets are on sale now at www.riseoftheprospects.com. We have limited space so encourage them to buy soon.
More questions? Please text Jen at 415-519-3250 for more information. READ ALL FAQS FIRST…..
**ROP is trying to keep registrations as inexpensive as possible for all athletes. Unfortunately, this event has many fees associated with it, and that is how we are basing the costs.
Hilton Tucson East »
7600 East Broadway, Tucson , AZ, 85710