Wellington Open GI Submission Only National competition
***Submission Only Gi Grappling competition.***
Open to all clubs and grappling styles.
Medals for 1st, 2nd, 3rd for the weight divisions.
There will be White Belt, Blue Belt, Purple Belt, Brown Belt and Black Belt divisions for all weight classes. We may merge some weight classes if registrations are low.
The adult weight classes in kilograms (kg) are IBJJF Gi divisions (weights with Gi on):
MEN (kg): 57.5, 64, 70, 76, 82.3, 88.3, 94.3, 100.5, 100.5+
WOMEN (kg): 53.5, 58.5, 64, 69, 74, 74+
6 mat areas + warm-up area
All IBJJF rules for illegal moves and weight divisions.
White Belt - 6 minutes
Blue Belt - 7 minutes
Purple Belt - 8 minutes
Brown, Black - 10 minutes
• Submission only – no points
• If neither competitor achieves a submission, we go to 1 minute of overtime starting from armbar position.
• Competitors take turns attacking from armbar position. The fastest to achieve a submission wins the match.
• If one competitor submits and the other does not (opponent escapes), he is declared the winner.
• If there are no submissions at the end of the 1 minute overtime rounds, the competitor with the fastest escape time wins the match.
• 1-minute rounds should continue until either someone submits or someone escapes faster than their opponent.
We will follow the IBJJF rules for permissible moves. If an athlete attempts any illegal moves, they will be instantly disqualified.
Male/ Female $70
The spectator's fee for the #wellingtonopen will be a donation to a local charity who will be chosen at a later date.
ASB Sports Centre »
72 Kemp St
Mens White Belt
Mens Blue Belt
Mens Purple Belt
Mens Brown Belt
Mens Black Belt
Womens White Belt
Womens Blue Belt
Womens Purple Belt
Womens Brown Belt
Womens Black Belt