The BJJ Dutch Open is the largest Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament organized in the Netherlands. This will be the 18th edition.
1. Volunteers and referees all wear a mouth mask and gloves in order to avoid contact with participants.
2. The 8 mats are placed 1.5 meters apart.
3. Doors and windows in the hall remain open as much as possible for good ventilation.
4. No visitors until measures are relaxed in December.
5. No open class until measures are relaxed in December.
6. Only 10 coaches are allowed for the whole day, 1 per team, until measures are relaxed in December.
7. Everyone must guarantee the 1.5 meters, except on the mat.
8. Competitors must leave the hall after their own bracket.
9. Competitors must disinfect their hands before entering the mat.
10. Competitors may be present half an hour before the start of the bracket for weighing.
11. Competitors will have to fill in a form upon arrival stating that they are NOT sick and have NO complaints at the time of entry.
The brackets will serve as a simple elimination system, where the losing athlete from each match is eliminated and the winner goes through to the next stage of the bracket.
5 minutes - Female and Male White belts
6 minutes - Female and Male Blue belts
7 minutes - Male Purple belts
8 minutes - Female Purple/Brown/Black and Male Brown/Black belts
Because of the strict measures you can weigh-in 30 minutes before your bracket starts, you can not enter the hall earlier.
Everybody has to weigh-in with gi and belt. Men are not allowed to wear a rashguard, ladies are allowed to wear a rashguard. At the weigh-in your finger and toe nails will be checked too.
If you didn't make weight, we have to call it a Walk-Over. Please note that you can switch weight/belt division untill saturday November 28th, if that is possible and the bracket is not packed already.
Stay updated before and during the tournament on Smoothcomp, follow the live brackets on the screens or on your phone. It is your own responsibility to show up on time at the Warming Up Area.
At the Dutch Open we follow the IBJJF Rule Book. You can find the link at our website: https://www.bjjdutchopen.nl
After registration it will be not able to get your registration fee back, everything will be used to provide the other competitors the best service at the tournament.
If the tournament have to be cancelled/postponed, because of COVID-19 regulations, we will give you a coupon to register for free on our next tournament. All the registrations will be taken to the next date.
At this moment the maximum amount of people at a tournament is 100. We choose to allow competitors only and no visitors.