Girls Into Wrestling Competition
Our mission is provide a platform of camps, comps and resources for "girls into wrestling" and to get more "girls into wrestling"
• The “Girls into Wrestling” 2018 competition is an open event. Any individual that is a financial member of Wrestling Australia Inc. (WAI) can enter, or those that are not can get a temporary membership to enter.
• Competitors must be a 2018 current member of a State Federation, and WAI or purchase a Temporary Membership.
• Temporary memberships can be purchased here during the registration process for $10 (which covers the weekend)
Weight - Age Categories (2 kg allowance)
• Weight classes (see table below) - 2kg weight tolerance allowed over the displayed weight-age categories.
• Wrestlers are to wear singlets to facilitate the medical inspections
• Event registrations must be completed online at https://smoothcomp.com/en/event/796
Please ensure that you enter the correct weight categories with registration for the comp as confirmed with your coach. No shifting of category or late entry will be considered on the day of the competition. If a wrestler does not make weight she will forfeit their matches and will only be allowed exhibition matches if and when available. Please note weight categories reflect UWW categories.
• Age submissions are to be based on the Year of Birth (i.e., turning the denoted age in this calendar year), and not the age at the time of the competition
• Wrestlers (or an adult on their behalf where the wrestler is a < 18 yrs old) must register online.
• Registration Deadline: Registration fee of $35 will be accepted until 11.59pm on Wednesday 20th of June 2018.
• Late Registration Deadline: Final Registration fee of $45 will be accepted until 11:59pm on Wednesday 27th of June 2018.
o No registrations will be accepted after this time.
• Competition fees apply for each weight-age a wrestler wants to wrestle in (for example, if a wrestler wants to enter Junior and Senior competitions, then she must register and pay for each category – in this example, $35 X 2=$70). The same goes for Senior and Veteran competitions.
• Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
• Pins added to medal ribbons for each exhibition match a competitor does.
Competitors may only receive their medals whilst standing on the podium with the other competitors who placed in their division. If a competitor does not do this they will not receive their medal at a later date and this action may also cause a disciplinary result, potentially banning a competitor from competing in other divisions at the same tournament - due to bad sportsmanship. Competitors that are eligible for a gift, prize, T-shirt or other awards must collect them on the day of the competition. If they are not collected on the day of the tournament, the competitor is forfeits their right to all gifts, prizes, T-shirts or other awards.
Risk and Insurance
The wrestler and/or their guardian (if under 18yrs) acknowledges and agrees that the wrestler shall be responsible to obtain all or any insurance for loss and/or medical, hospital, life, income protection, personal, property, or any other risk or damage that the wrestler may cause or suffer, (whether directly or indirectly) and the wrestler covenants that they acknowledges that any failure by the wrestler to fully insure themselves against any accident, damage, injury, loss, whatsoever, howsoever arising shall be solely at the risk of the wrestler.
And the wrestler and/or their guardian (if under 18yrs) hereby indemnifies the Girls Into Wrestling, Qld Wrestling Association, Wrestling Australia Incorporated and Black Dragon Kai against all and any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by the wrestler’s involvement in the event or contest. Furthermore, the wrestler shall make themselves available at Girls Into Wrestling's discretion to undergo pre and post bout medical examinations, including drug testing, by duly qualified personal on the day of the event, at the Girls into Wrestling’s discretion and shall participate in the event solely at the Girls Into Wrestling’s discretion, dependent upon the interpretation of the results of those tests at the sole discretion of the Girls Into Wrestling.
Any competitor that decides to withdraw from the competition prior to the Registration deadline, may receive 50% of their fee refunded. Competitors seeking the 50% fee re-compensation must alert the event organisers by email addressed to [email protected] No entries will be transferred or credited. There are no refunds or credits for this event, no exceptions. You will not be entitled to a refund or credit, regardless of whether or not you participate. By paying for your registration you will be put into a bracket and be called to compete on the day of competition. You will lose your first match by disqualification if you do not show up for your match, do not make the minimum qualification for that bracket, or have an injury or other medical condition that will not allow you to compete. This also includes single wrestler categories when you are unable to be merged into another division, or your opponent/s have withdrawn from your division. This also includes divisions where all other opponents withdraw, are disqualified or absent and only one competitor remains. In these instances the single competitor will have their name recorded as 1st place, and be awarded the Gold Medal on the podium, and declared the winner.
Program (Nerang PCYC – Cayuga Street Nerang, Gold Coast, Qld)
o All tournament staff arrive.
o Tournament Check-in Registration Verification
o Medical Checks and Weight Verification 8:00am
o Please note: any wrestler who has not weighed in prior to 8.30am will forfeit their position in the competition. They may be eligible for exhibition matches if available.
o Coaches and Officials Meeting
o Commence Competition
• The competition will be conducted in accordance with United World Wrestling rules (https://unitedworldwrestling.org/)
• The tournament will be conducted under double-elimination line-bracketing rules where there are more than 5 competitors. This means that all those who lose one (1) match in the championship bracket (A) may be sent into the repechage bracket (B) for a chance to compete for the bronze medal. Those who lose two (2) matches are eliminated from competition.
• All competitors are responsible for their own medical and physical fitness to wrestle and understand that the nature of the sport of wrestling involves some physical risks that can result in serious injury or death.
• All participants must adhere to the WAI Code of Conduct, Member Protection Policy and WAI Anti-Match Fixing Policy. The organizer has the right to disqualify competitors from competition in the event of rule or code of conduct breaches.
• The weight shown on the weighing scales at the time of the scheduled weigh in will be regarded as the official weight. Any weight check performed by an athlete prior to the official weigh in shall not be permitted to form the basis of a challenge to the official weigh in.
For further information contact by email [email protected]
Categories Freestyle Weight (Kg)
Girls 4 – 5 years old -20, -23, -26, -29, -33, -36, -39, -42, -46, -50, -54, -58, -62, 66
Girls 6 – 7 years old -20, -23, -26, -29, -33, -36, -39, -42, -46, -50, -54, -58, -62, 66
Girls 8 – 9 years old -20, -23, -26, -29, -33, -36, -39, -42, -46, -50, -54, -58, -62, 66
Girls 10 to 11 years old -20, -23, -26, -29, -33, -36, -39, -42, -46, -50, -54, -58, -62, 66
Girls 12 to 13 years old -20, -23, -26, -29, -33, -36, -39, -42, -46, -50, -54, -58, -62, 66
School Girls 14 to 15 years old -20, -23, -26, -29, -33, -36, -39, -42, -46, -50, -54, -58, -62, 66
Cadets (16 to 17 years) -36, -40, -43, -46, -49, -53, -57, -61, -65, -69, -73.
Junior (18 to 20 years) 50, 53, 55, 57, 59, 62, 65, 68, 72 and 76.
Senior (20 years plus) 50, 53, 55, 57, 59, 62, 65, 68, 72 and 76.
Veteran (35 years plus) 50, 53, 55, 57, 59, 62, 65, 68, 72 and 76.
Nerang PCYC »
Nerang PCYC Cayuga Street Nerang, Gold Coast, Queensland
Wrestling Australia Members
For current members of a state or Wrestling Australia
Non Members of Wrestling Australia
For non members of a state or the national federation this fee is required to participate
School Girls 13-15yrs
14-15 years (13 years Requires - Guardian & Medical Permission to Enter)
16-17 years (15 years Requires - Guardian & Medical Permission to Enter)
18-20 years (17 years Requires - Guardian & Medical Permission to Enter)
Novice Seniors 18yrs+
For Inexperienced Wrestlers 19 years & older (18 years Requires - Medical Permission to Enter)
Open Seniors 18yrs+
For Wrestlers All Levels 19 years & older (18 years Requires - Medical Permission to Enter)
35 years & older