Check out our website too!
This is a SUBMISSION ONLY tournament. However, we work with GREEN and RED cards. Read the rules carefully before signing up!!
--> READ THIS WELL BEFORE THE COMPETITION
1) No unsportsmanlike conduct will be allowed. You may be disqualified or ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. The referees will be shown maximum respect at all times. Their decisions are final and will not be overturned.
2) No striking, biting, eye gouging (includes chin to eye), head butting, small joint
manipulation (fingers or toes),hair pulling, grabbing the windpipe,or ear pulling will be permitted.
3) No slamming allowed: illegal slamming will be defined as slamming your opponent to escape submission or to open the guard.
!! Slamming will result in an automatic DQ. There are no exceptions to this rule. Takedowns are NOT considered slams, but you must deliver your opponent safely to the mat.
4) No infectious skin diseases or open wounds will be permitted. No lubricants, oils or lotion of any kind will be permitted on any part of the body or clothing.
5) Competitors will be allowed to continue fighting anywhere on the matted area, provided they don't interfere with another match. If the competitors are near the edge of the mat, they will restart from the same position on the matted unless the referee is unable to duplicate the position for whatever reason. In this case the fighters will start from a standing position.
6) If a competitor flees the ring when a submission is locked in and the competitor is obviously fleeing to avoid submission, he/she will be automatically disqualified.
7) Women will NOT be permitted to compete in men’s divisions. Men will NOT be permitted to compete in women's divisions.
Note: The organization reserves the right to expand or combine divisions to accommodate all competitors.
Submission only Rules:
1) All submissions are allowed in beginner, advanced and elite class.
2) All submissions are allowed in Men’s and Women’s divisions. Neck cranks, ankle and spine locks, bicep/calf slicer(crushers) and flying scissors takedowns are legal in men’s and women’s divisions.
3) No grabbing of any clothing, including your own, will be permitted.
4) Anyone who is a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu MUST compete in advanced or higher. Anyone who is purple belt or higher in BJJ MUST compete in the elite division.
--> Check out the section 'Divisions' to know where to sign up.
5) Clothing: Mouthpiece and groin protection are optional, but recommended.
No shorts with pockets or zippers.You will fight in a rashguard or tight shirt. NO naked upper body or lose t-shirts.
6) The only way of winning is by submission.
In case of a draw the referee will make the decision and that is final.The decision of the referee will also be based on the GREEN/RED cards rewarded during the fight.
7) GREEN card:
- When you attempt a submission and the referee must stop the fight because you are rolling outside the fight area and the referee thinks it is not safe to start from that exact position (e.g. reverse twisted ankle lock). The fighter who attempted the submission will receive a GREEN card.
- 2 GREEN CARDS IN A FIGHT= WIN
--> Green card: is a positive card for referee decision
8) RED card:
- When a fighter outruns the fight, shows unsportsmanship or is stalling the fight, they can get a RED card.
- 3 RED CARDS IN A FIGHT IS DISQUALIFICATION
--> Red card : is a negative card for referee decision
9) Referee decision:
In case there is no submission during the fight, the referee takes a decision. This will be based upon the cards the fighters received during the fight. The referee's decision will be neutral and is final. No discussions.
Techniques: beginner, advanced and elite
Bicep crunches (bicep compressions or slicers)
Omoplata (shoulder lock applied with legs)
Gogoplata (choke with shin or top of foot)
sitting guard (only when there is contact with opponent)
slamming (slamming from guard or as a means to escape a submission)
squeezing windpipe (closed hand on trachea)
smothering (placing hand over mouth and nose)
Check out our website!