Gaman BJJ Championship // Secaucus NJ // Gi
Welcome to the newest Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Championship Organization, Gaman BJJ. Well organized tournaments where the competitor is the priority.
Gaman Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Championships proudly announce our first event in NJ. Our mission is to bring well-organized events, with a set schedule, brackets and times that can be checked online and in real time, providing the best experience for both competitors and spectators.
SCORING SYSTEM: Our tournaments will follow the IBJJF scoring system.
WEIGH-INS: (Competitors can weigh in as soon as the doors open). For Gi competitions, athletes must weigh in wearing their Gis (Jacket, Pants, and Belts). We allow 1 pound over.
UNIFORMS: No mismatch colors. We will follow the IBJJF standards for measurements. In Gi tournaments, male athletes must NOT wear rash guards, braces with hard parts, or groin protection. Female competitors must wear sports Bra or Rash Guard. No T-Shirts underneath the Gi will be allowed.
In No-Gi tournaments, all athletes must wear Rash Guards (not by level).
SPECTATORS: All spectators (12 years old and above) can pay at the door. Ticket cost is $10 cash only.
MEDALS: Athletes who place in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their division will receive a medal at the event. All the medals should be picked up at the event's podium. Competitors will have to compete for 3rd place.
Absolute Open Weight Divisions will be set by belt, gender, and age group (teens, juvenile, adult, and masters). COMPETITOR MUST SELECT TO COMPETE IN THE ABSOLUTE DURING ONLINE REGISTRATION
VISIT http://www.gamanbjj.com/tutorials FOR INSTRUCTIONS AND TUTORIAL ON HOW TO REGISTER OR MANAGE YOUR ACADEMY
DATES AND DEADLINES
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Mar 27th, 2019 1pm
REGISTRATION CHECK DAY: Mar 27th, 2019
ATHLETE CORRECTION DEADLINE: Mar 27th, 2019
SCHEDULE & BRACKET RELEASE: Mar 28th, 2019
NORMAL REGISTRATION: $70 - Up to Mar 10th, 2019
LATE REGISTRATION: $85 - Mar 11th to Mar 26th 2019
SECAUCUS rECREATIONAL cENTER
• Matches may start 30-45 minutes in advance. Athletes should be in the warm-up area at least 40-60 minutes prior to the time assigned for his or her division on the schedule.
• It is mandatory to have an official government photo ID at all times.
• The official weight measurements of this event are in POUNDS.
• Competitors that don't make weight before the first match are automatically disqualified, we do not refund registrations of competitors that weighed over the limit of his or her category (However we will allow 1lb tolerance). There is no last minute changes. We can not alter brackets that have been published online already.
• Females are required to wear a rash guard or sports bra. T-Shirts under the Gi for females are NOT allowed.
• Males competing in Gi can not wear rash-guard or groin protection.
• Athletes who place in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their division will receive a medal at the event. All the medals should be picked up at the event's podium.
• Any false information provided during registration such as, but not limited to, DOB, may lead to immediate disqualification. Such actions are subject to suspension or even banishment from future GAMAN events.
• If you are alone on your bracket you can contact [email protected] until the day before registration check day and request a change on your registration. GAMAN does not guarantee that the division you want to be moved to will have another competitor on the day of the event.
The registration fee is non-refundable.
Exemption: Athletes who are alone in their bracket are eligible to receive a full refund of the registration fee if they contact [email protected] and request to withdraw their name from the competition prior to the end of the appointed event registration check day.
Secaucus Recreation Center »
1200 Koelle Blvd
Zona horaria: America/New_York
Kids & Juniors Gi - Male/Female
7-9 years & 10-12 years - Combined Male & Female
Teens & Juvenile Male Gi
13-15 years & 16-17 years - Male Only
Teens & Juvenile Female Gi
13-15 years & 16-17 years - Female Only
Male Gi (Adult and Masters Divisions)
18 years and above
Female Gi (Adult and Masters Divisions)
18 years and above
Male Absolute Gi
Female Absolute Gi